*Due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, dates are subject to change. Be sure to follow this page and TFND social media pages for any updates*
TFND’s Video Essay Scholarship Project is back!
Here’s how it works!
- Create a 1–3 minute YouTube video based on one of these Tobacco Free ND topics.
- Why I stay tobacco/nicotine free?
- The importance of healthy lungs during the Covid 19 pandemic.
- You get to make the laws for a day- what laws do you make relating to tobacco products?
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommends a 3-legged approach to tobacco control- Increasing the price, funding a comprehensive prevention program and creating a strong smoke-free air law. Tell us why a multi-tiered approach is the best way.
- Tobacco companies spend millions of dollars every year marketing their products to the next generation of potential customers- Youth. How would you convince young people to stay tobacco/nicotine free?
- Email your YouTube video entry, along with all completed forms attached, by 11:59PM on April 16, 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org. A committee will select the winning video and announce it on May 7, 2021.
- The winner will receive a $1,000 college scholarship! TFND will present the prize and take photos with the winner prior to June 30, 2021, if possible.
Here are some examples of submissions!
You don’t need fancy cameras to make great videos. Read our 2021 Video Essay Scholarship Press Packet for great tips on how make a make a winning video!