*Dates are subject to change. Be sure to follow this page and TFND social media pages for any updates*
TFND’s Video Essay Scholarship Project is back for a very special edition honoring the 10th anniversary of North Dakota’s Smoke-Free Air Law.
Here’s how it works!
- Create a 1–3 minute YouTube video based on one of these Tobacco Free ND topics.
- The importance of maintaining the state’s strong smoke-free air law.
- The smoke-free air law has been in place for 10 years! Many of the entrants in this contest probably don’t remember the “singers in a smoky room” restaurants. Interview your family, friends, and community members about what it was like when there was smoking in public, indoor spaces.
- Every single county voted in favor of the smoke-free air law in 2012, yet special interest groups are the ones trying to overturn it. How would you educate the community about what is going on?
- Secondhand smoke is dangerous to everyone exposed to it, and causes billions of dollars in healthcare costs nationally every year, yet it receives only a fraction of the attention that other tobacco dangers do. Show us why #SecondhandSmokeisNoJoke
- Email your YouTube video entry, along with all completed forms attached, by 11:59PM on November 28, 2022 to firstname.lastname@example.org. The winner will receive a $1,500 college scholarship! TFND will present the prize and take photos with the winner prior to December 31, 2022, if possible.
Here are some examples of submissions from past years!
You don’t need fancy cameras to make great videos. Read our SMOKE-FREE AIR LAW VESC Contest Packet Draft for great tips on how make a make a winning video!