There’s plenty of ways to get involved with Tobacco Free North Dakota and our mission. Consider signing our support cards and resolutions.
What are TFND Support Cards?
TFND strongly believes in a 3-fold approach to tobacco control: raising the price of tobacco, funding a comprehensive tobacco control program and maintaining North Dakota’s very strong smoke-free air law. The cards below will be used to inform legislators that their constituents want smart tobacco policy! We’re asking all North Dakotans to fill out the three support cards and mail them back to TFND, P.O. Box 3237, Bismarck, ND 58502. We will then organize the cards and make sure your legislators see them. Anyone can fill them out!
- ND Quits
- Local Public Health Units
- Become an Ex
- Quitter In You
- BCBS of North Dakota
- ALA – Freedom from Smoking Online
FDA-Approved Medications for Smoking Cessation
Smoke-free Savings Calculator: Use this handy link to calculate how much money can be saved by quitting!
- 2014 50th Anniversary Surgeon General’s Report on Smoking and Health
- 2014 CDC Best Practices for Comprehensive Tobacco Control Programs
- 2012 Surgeon General’s Report – Preventing Tobacco Use Among Youth and Young Adults
- 2015 TFND Legislative Summary, Voting Record
- 2013 TFND Legislative Bill Summary
- Broken Promises to Our Children: The 1998 State Tobacco Settlement Sixteen Years Later – A Report on the States’ Allocation of the Tobacco Settlement Dollars
- Campaign for Tobacco Free Kids – Key State-Specific Tobacco-Related Data & Rankings (includes adult, youth, pregnancy use rates, tobacco tax, and comprehensive funding data)
- Campaign for Tobacco Free Kids – Value of Tobacco Prevention Programs
- American Lung Association State of Tobacco Control – North Dakota 2014
- American Lung Association 2013 Report Card – North Dakota: Pg 122
- ACS CAN Progress Report on State Legislative Activity to Reduce Cancer Incidence and Mortality – August 2015
- ACS CAN Progress Report on State Legislative Activity to Reduce Cancer Incidence and Mortality – August 2014
- ACS CAN Progress Report on State Legislative Activity to Reduce Cancer Incidence and Mortality – August 2013
- Short Report: Overview of state policies requiring smoking cessation therapy in psychiatric hospitals and drug abuse treatment centers – Published Oct 22, 2015
ND Physician – ND Medical Association Publication – June 2015 (TFND submission on pgs. 26-27)
TFND Fall/Winter 2014 Newsletter
TFND Spring 2014 Newsletter
TFND Fall 2013 Newsletter
ND_Physician – Dec._2013, North Dakota Medical Association Publication (TFND submission on pg. 30)
“Raise it for Health ND” Coalition: Visit this website for more information on statewide efforts underway in North Dakota to increase our state’s tobacco taxes as the most proven effective policy in preventing youth people from ever starting a lifetime of tobacco use and addiction.
ND Tax Department: Cigarette and Tobacco Tax Information
JADA (Journal of American Dental Association): Electronic cigarettes – The tobacco industry’s latest threat to oral health?
Children’s Safety Network: E-cigarette Poisoning Infographic – July 2015
TC Online First: Flavour – Sept 8, 2015 chemicals in electronic cigarette fluids – April 2015
Harvard School of Public Health: The E-Cig Quandary